Best Roadside Assistance Apps and Roadside Emergency Apps for Uber Drivers 2019
Best Roadside Assistance Apps for Uber Drivers
For years, so many of us have relied on AAA — but with new apps emerging, this service may soon become a thing of the past.
If you have ever been stuck at the side of the road, you know how irritating it can be (especially if you didn’t pay an annual membership fee for AAA)! Towing fees add up, especially if your vehicle isn’t as reliable as it once was.
Is there a better way, and can these four apps make these situations a little less stressful?
An Overview of Best Roadside Apps of 2019
Whether you have a flat tire or simply run out of gas, being stranded on the road is the last thing anyone wants to experience. For drivers who have not signed up for a traditional roadside-assistance membership, it’s not unusual to be left scrambling for assistance in a minor, or major, road emergency. Although AAA has dominated the market (for over a century), there are some ‘new kids on the block’ in the world of Roadside Assistance — and people are taking notice.
To summarize, here are four of these new roadside apps that are worth checking out.
1. Hum by Verizon
Hum is more than simply a regular roadside assistance app — it’s actually designed to make your entire car feel (and act) more connected. From emergency assistance to vehicle diagnostics, Hum optimizes safety while taking advantage of the latest innovations in automotive technology.
All you need to do is download the app, clip the Hum device and speaker to your visor, then plug the Hum + OBD reader into your car’s OBD-II port.
Although compatible with most vehicles that are from 1996 (or later), you can check your car’s make and model on their website to make sure. Even if you’re not a Verizon wireless customer, you can still enjoy this product and app by purchasing equipments directly from hum.com, or by visiting a Verizon Wireless store. Once you do, you’ll benefit in the following ways:
- Never again will you need to worry why your car is flashing the engine light, as this product will help you diagnose the issue before you break down. In some cases, issues may be minor, helping you save money at your dealership.
- You can set reminders for when you need a tune-up, tire rotation, oil change, etc. If you’re looking for further advice, the mechanics hotline offers possible, unbiased solutions.
- If you do experience a lockout, flat tire, or any other roadside issue, their PinPoint Roadside Assistance offers 24/7 nationwide coverage. In the case of a possible collision, help will be automatically sent. The same is true if your vehicle has been stolen.
- From your driving history to an efficient navigation system, Hum offers a wide range of extra features.
Zubie is another available app that will connect your car to the Internet, offering real-time location updates, trip history data, maintenance alerts, and much more. All you need to do is plug your Zubie key into your vehicle, download the app, and you’re good to go. Plans are also available which include the Family Plan and WiFi. While in use, you will benefit from:
- Protection — This feature covers your behavior, driving habits, speed limit insights, and more. When different drivers are in the vehicle, you can even track your score to compare with other family members.
- Detection — From engine diagnostics to roadside assistance, Zubie will help you detect any issues before they cause any significant problems.
- Location — A range of features are available regarding location, including a live map, trip tagging, real-time alerts, and much more.
Depending on your needs, there are pricing plans for personal or business use. With no contract and no hidden fees, Zubie may be a great addition to your company. Start your free 30-day trial.
Offering coverage anywhere in the United States and Puerto Rico, Urgent.ly is available 24/7, 365 days a year. Known as America’s leading on-demand roadside assistance company, they are known for being safe, innovative, and fast. Thus far, over 200,000 drivers have used this service in times of need, with millions more accessing Urgent.ly’s integration system.
Being in business for over 15 years now, they specialize in roadside assistance, while offering new emerging features. Whether you need gas or a jump start, they’ll be there to help in event the most unusual situations (i..e, they even offer exotic car towing). If your family members are often away on the road, you will also be highly interested in their FamilyView service.
Focusing on both your satisfaction and safety, the Honk app will help you get back on the road, regardless of minor (or major) auto issues. Founded in 2014, Honk was created as a service designed for maximum convenience – customers only pay for whatever specific service they need — no membership fees or payments for services you don’t use.
Whether you get locked out or need a tow, their free app will connect you to Honk’s roadside assistance partners, helping you get back on the road quickly & efficiently. When you need help, simply press the ‘Get Help Now‘ button, select the type of service you want to receive, and then view your quote.
For towing (as an example) rates begin at $49 – and the service connects drivers with more than 45,000 tow trucks across the country. Once a towing operation is complete, drivers will be charged directly on a credit or debit card, and a receipt detailing the service will be automatically emailed to a driver’s account – simple! You can check out all of Honk’s services, as well read more about the app here.
Regardless of which app is right for you, all of the Roadside Assistance Apps have one thing in common — they help take the uncertainty, inconvenience (and panic) out of unexpected roadside issues.
If you’re an Uber or rideshare driver, it’s always best to take a proactive (and pre-emptive) approach, so that if you encounter a serious on-road situation which requires immediate assistance, you’ll be ready — no matter what ‘the open road’ throws your way!