Best Roadside Emergency Kits for Uber Drivers (2019)
While you’re on the road, ’emergency’ isn’t exactly a word you want to hear.
Although many emergencies are unexpected, that does not mean that you can’t be prepared for a potentially problematic situation. Having a simple roadside kit on-hand, as well as some basic knowledge, can help you reduce your need for costly assistance, all while reducing high stress levels.
What Should You Look For In a Roadside Emergency Kit?
Although you can build your own emergency roadside package, it’s generally more cost-effective and beneficial to purchase a kit that’s ready-to-go. Not only can it save you money, but these kits often include everything you would need, ensuring that you do not forget to include something critical.
At the end of the day, if you’re stuck at the side of the road and are not prepared, a bad situation can quickly become dangerous — especially when road conditions aren’t the greatest. Every Uber driver should have an emergency kit, but as an Uber driver, you have an added responsibility to keep both you and your passengers safe.
When sourcing a kit, look for some or all of the following:
- Jumper cables — This item is obvious, as jumper cables could be the deciding factor between needing to get towed or not.
- Tire pressure gauge — Tire pressure is extremely important in terms of your safety. A simple gauge can determine whether or not you have a possible leak or on the other hand, your tire may have too much air in it.
- Tire puncture seal or inflator — For obvious reasons, these will help when your tire has a slow leak. If it’s safe to do so, you can seal the problematic area until you seek a more long-term solution.
- Gloves — If you need to get your hands dirty, it helps to have gloves handy.
- Electrical Tape — If you notice a wire that is damaged or torn, you can apply electrical tape if it is safe to do so.
- First aid — You never know when you’ll need a band-aid.
- Flashlight and batteries — If you get stuck at the side of the road when it’s dark you will need a reliable source of light.
Of course, if you’re ever in doubt about a possible live wire or another potential safety concern, please do not try to fix the problem yourself. If you do not have the proper knowledge and experience, it’s best to call a towing company or a roadside assistance company.
What Are Some of the Best Roadside Emergency Kits Available?
Now that you know what sort of items to look for, what options are available? You can find a wide selection of emergency roadside kits, all with their own unique features. Purchasing one of these kits is a great investment and although you may not think you need it now, no emergency is planned, right?
If you’ve been shopping around, why not check out the following:
1. DINSEN — Roadside Emergency Kit with Electric Hydraulic Jack and Inflatable Pump
Sure, this kit may be a little more costly than other options on the market, but there’s a reason for that. This 3 in 1 combo includes a hydraulic jack, inflatable pump, and LED lamp. With the added benefit of an impact wrench, sleeves, battery clamp, gloves, and more, you will safe knowing that you can tend to a leaking or flat tire with ease. Check this kit out here.
2. AAA — 42-Piece Emergency road Assistance Kit
Talk about value for your money — at less than $22, you will receive a kit that includes, booster cables, a flashlight, batteries, cable ties, fuses, duct tape, an emergency poncho, and more. Although this kit offers great value, it’s not ideal for more powerful vehicles, as the cables may not produce enough power. If you already have good cables, but need some extra ’emergency’ items, you can’t beat the price. Check this kit out here.
3. First Secure — 90-Piece Roadside Emergency Car and Truck Kit with Safety Tools
This best-selling kit will allow you to travel with peace-of-mind. Offering heavy duty 6 gauge, 10-foot jumper cables, you will ensure a more reliable boost. Accompanied by a 250 PSI air compressor; 8-piece tire repair kit; deluxe 48-item first aid kit; 11-foot, 10,000 LB limit tow strap; and more — you will have all the assistance you need, conveniently packaged in a carrier bag. Check it out here.
4. Picnic at Ascot — Auto Roadside Emergency Kit
With this 132-piece set, you will be able to travel with confidence. Including a tire pressure gauge; 10-piece nut driver set; 8-piece combo wrench; copper wire brush; electrical tape; 200-amp jumper cables; gloves; and more, you will be well-prepared for those unexpected moments. All parts are also conveniently organized within a hard plastic case. Check it out here.
Find the right kit for you will depend on your level of expertise and confidence when it comes to basic auto repairs. Being an Uber driver, it’s important to understand these basic repairs so that when you are in need, a small problem does not need to turn into a large cost. By investing in one of the kits above, you could essentially avoid a towing fee, mechanic fee, or both. Safe driving!
Sign up to drive with Uber today for a cash bonus!