Uber Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT) – Uber Charlotte Airport Pickup & Drop Offs
Does Uber work at Charlotte Douglas Airport? Can Uber drop off passengers at Charlotte Douglas International Airport in North Carolina?
Here is our our Charlotte Douglas International Airport Uber Guide for Uber Drivers & Uber Riders.
Below is a guide to using Uber at Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT).
We cover rules for both Uber passengers & Uber drivers.
This guide has four sections:
- For Riders: Getting Picked Up by Uber at Charlotte Douglas International Airport
- For Riders: Getting Dropped Off by Uber at Charlotte Douglas International Airport
- For Drivers: Picking Up Passengers at Charlotte Douglas International Airport
- For Drivers: Dropping Passengers Off at Charlotte Douglas International Airport
1. Riders: Getting Picked Up by Uber at Charlotte Douglas International Airport
Can Uber pickup passengers at Charlotte Douglas Airport?
Yes, anyone can use Uber’s services for pickups at Charlotte Douglas Airport (CLT)
To request an Uber at Charlotte Douglas, simply follow the steps below:
Before requesting an Uber ride at Charlotte Douglas Airport, make sure that you are on the ARRIVALS Level (i.e., the lower level), located at Zone D.
Before requesting a ride, be certain that you are located at the Arrivals Level (the airport’s lower level) at Zone D of Charlotte Douglas Airport.
2. Riders: Getting Dropped Off by Uber at Charlotte Douglas Airport
All Uber Services are allowed to drop off passengers at CLT. Simply request an Uber as you normally would, and input the appropriate Charlotte Douglas Terminal as your final destination.
3. Drivers: Picking Passengers Up at Charlotte Douglas Airport
Uber drivers are required to wait for trip requests at a special staging lot, located near Charlotte Douglas International Airport Terminals (see map below).
Uber Drivers WILL NOT get airport-based rider requests if they wait OUTSIDE this designated staging zone.
To receive an Uber trip request at Charlotte Douglas Airport, you MUST enter the staging lot, where you be automatically entered in a queue for pickup:
Follow these instructions to receive ride requests at CLT:
- Drive to the staging area located outside the main airport (map below) entrance at 5608 Wilkinson Boulevard.
- This lot can be found on the corner of Wilkinson Boulevard and Stafford Drive.
- Once inside the lot, Uber drivers must locate a ‘U’ parking spot.
- Uber drivers will automatically be placed in line for trip requests.
- Airport pick-up requests work on a first-in, first-out system (technically referred to as FIFO by Uber)
- After a driver receives a trip request, they accept the trip request & head to ARRIVALS LEVEL D ZONE at Charlotte Douglas Airport
- Pick Up your passenger on the Arrivals Level (D Zone) at Charlotte Douglas
Staging Lot Map:
CLT Staging Lot Special Notes:
- It’s worth noting that ONLY 30 WAITING SPOTS are available to Uber Drivers in CLT’s designated staging area.
- Uber’s designated parking spots are marked with a “U”.
- Your Uber Driver App must be turned on while waiting in the CLT Staging Lot.
- You must park in one of the 30 spots that is designated as a ”U” or Uber spot. \
Once you receive a trip request, drive towards the Arrivals Level (the airport’s lower level) Zone D of Charlotte Douglas Airport. To get to the Arrivals Level:
- STAY IN THE RIGHT-MOST LANE when entering the airport arrivals area. Follow signs for ‘Rideshare Drivers’ or ‘Smartphone App Drivers’.
- Locate your passenger.
4. Drivers: Dropping Off Passengers at Charlotte Douglas International Airport
Drop off Uber passengers at the appropriate departure terminal.
Make sure your Uber Driver App is always turned ON, at least until you have left Charlotte Douglas Airport grounds.
CLT imposes a $1.00 charge for all Uber pickups and drop-offs, but it is charged only to the passenger.