Lyft Premier Driver Requirements – Become a Lyft Premier driver
How to drive for Lyft Premier
Lyft’s ‘premium service’ — called Lyft Premier — allows individuals with high-end vehicles to earn more money as Lyft drivers.
With Lyft Premier, Lyft takes a 30% commission on each ride (as opposed to 25% for regular Lyft and Lyft Line) — however, to compensate for the elevated commission, Lyft Premier’s rates are much higher — allowing drivers the opportunity to make more money in a shorter amount of time.
Lyft Premier Driver Requirements – How do I become a Lyft Premier Driver?
Lyft Premier drivers must meet the following requirements:
- Drivers must have & maintain a 4.7 Lyft Driver Rating.
- They must drive a premium vehicle which meets the specifications of the Lyft Premier platform.
What are the Lyft Premier Vehicle Requirements?
For NYC-based drivers, check out this list of approved Lyft Premier vehicles.
For all other drivers, check out this list (*the list applies to drivers in Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami, New Jersey, Orange County, Philadelphia, Phoenix, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, Silicon Valley, and Washington, D.C.).
Signing Up for Lyft Premier – A Step-By-Step Guide:
Current Lyft Drivers:
- Access your Lyft Driver Dashboard.
- Make sure you are driving an approved Lyft Premium Vehicle (see list links above).
- Select an appropriate vehicle as your ‘active vehicle’.
- Confirm seat type.
- Once your vehicle meets Lyft’s Premier Requirements, you will begin receiving premium requests.
New Lyft Drivers:
- New Lyft Drivers must show they can maintain a 4.7 driver rating
- If you are a new Lyft Driver, and your current vehicle meets the Lyft Premier Vehicle Requirements (see list links above), you will immediately begin receiving premium requests.
Is it possible to switch your preferences so that you receive only Lyft Premier requests?
It is possible to change your passenger preferences inside the Lyft app, so that you ONLY receive Premier requests (i.e, you stop receiving any & all regular Lyft or Lyft Line requests). *It’s worth noting, however, that switching your Driver App to a ‘Premier-Only’ setting may significantly lower the number of overall Lyft passenger requests you receive.
To only receive Lyft Premier requests:
- Open the side menu on your Lyft Driver App
- Choose “Driver Dashboard”
- Click on the “Vehicles & Docs” tab
- Tap the “V” next to your car profile
- Select ‘Premier rides only’ to receive Premier rides only
Want to become a Lyft Premier Driver?
Sign up to drive with Uber today for a cash bonus!