Lyft Plus Driver Requirements 2019 – How to Become a Lyft Plus Driver
Lyft Plus Car Requirements
Becoming a Lyft Plus driver is just like becoming a regular Lyft driver, except the vehicle requirements are different (i.e., Lyft Plus requires drivers to have access to an extra-capacity vehicle).
All Lyft Plus vehicles must:
- Accommodate 6 passengers or more.
- Meet Lyft’s vehicle model age requirements (2005, or newer, in most cities).
You can become a Lyft Plus driver by following these steps.
- Sign up with Lyft.
- Ensure you have access to a vehicle that is eligible to operate on the Lyft Plus platform.
- Once Lyft has reviewed your application, applicants will be asked to take a Lyft Test Ride or ‘ Welcome Ride’ (a ‘Lyft mentor’ will guide you through an initial practice trip, and make sure you are qualified to act as a Lyft Plus Driver).
- Your vehicle will undergo inspection.
After completing the steps outlined above, you will be able to start work as Lyft Plus Driver.
Lyft Driver Requirements
Here is a list of requirements to become a Lyft driver. You must:
- Be 21 years of age or older
- Drive a 2007 or newer vehicle
- Have at least one year of driving history
- Possess an in-state driver’s license
- Possess in-state registration
- Possess in-state auto insurance (*insurance must be in your name)
- Own a smart phone capable of running the Lyft Driver App
Lyft Background Check
Lyft Plus applicants must undergo a background check, which examines a driver’s history, ensuring that applicants have:
- No criminal history
- No instances of driving without insurance
- No instances of driving without a license
- No DUI offenses
- No fatal accidents
- No instances of reckless driving
Want to become a Lyft driver?
Sign up to drive with Uber today for a cash bonus!