How much money do Postmates drivers earn in Austin 2019?
How much do Postmates drivers make in Austin, Texas?
See our salary estimate below for Austin-based Postmates couriers below.
How much do Postmates Drivers Earn in Austin?
Postmates drivers in Austin earn approximately $35,568 per year.
The average Postmates driver in Austin earns about $11.40 per trip and makes about 2 trips per hour ($22.80). Assuming a Austin-based driver works a minimum of thirty hours per week, they would earn a weekly total of $684.00 – amounting to a yearly income of $35,568.
Our salary projection for Postmates couriers in Austin does not include costs (i.e., taxes, commission, or vehicle expenses) – however, our salary estimate also does not factor in tips (which Postmates couriers are permitted to receive).
Postmates Pay Structure Austin
In Austin, Postmates advertises its pay structure as follows:
- Base Pay: $1.75
- Wait Time Pay: $0.09 per minute
- Distance Pay: $0.50 per kilometer ($0.80 per mile)
- Minimum Pay: $4.00
Austin Postmates Hotspots
- Midtown Austin
- South Austin
- UT Campus
Being a Postmates Courier in Austin:
Postmates is a delivery service which currently exists in 40 cities across the United States.
Couriers deliver packages, or food, either by bike, car, scooter, or on foot. Deliveries may be from restaurants, shops, stores, or any other business that needs to make deliveries.
Advantages to being a Postmates Drivers in Austin:
- Earn a steady income, adjusting their work schedule depending on their own preferences (deliveries are available 24/7)
- Earn extra income from tips (which are permitted, unlike in traditional ridesharing services, such as Uber)
- Couriers are permitted to choose their preferred mode of delivery — scooter, car, bicycle, or by foot.
If you’d like to apply to become a Postmates courier, you can do so here.