What is UberLUX?
UberLUX is Uber’s premium car service, and also it’s highest-cost option.
- Uber LUX cars hold a minimum of 4 passengers.
- Uber LUX cars are always top-of-the-line, premium, luxury cars (Lexus QS, Mercedes Benz E-Class, Audi A6, Tesla Model S, and many more.)
- Available only in select cities: NYC, London, Los Angeles, Miami, Chicago, Austin, and others
UberLUX vs UberBLACK
UberLUX launched in 2014, and has received a relatively mixed reaction from the public.
While LUX offers incredible cars, it’s worth noting that the service comes at a very high price — specifically, Uber LUX prices in at double what the company charges for its premium Uber BLACK service. Also, LUX is even more expensive than the pricey Uber SUV option.
Cities of operation
- Miami (also has LUX SUV)
- Los Angeles
- and others
Check if your city has it at uber.com
How does it work?
When you ‘hail’ a car through Uber’s mobile app, passengers are matched with nearby UberLUX drivers. A driver is immediately routed to your location.
Get $20 off your first ride by using promo code – mcc25 – or click here.
How much does UberLUX cost?
For comparison — UberBLACK (Uber’s original super-premium service) has a base fare of $8, and a minimum fare of $15.
UberLUX costs $20 (base fare) and has a $30 minimum fare price-tag. Plus, there’s a hefty per-mile fee of $5, and a per-minute rate of $0.60
LUX is now a permanent part of Uber’s service options (in select cities). Originally, it was offered sporadically (on a ‘pop-up’ basis), but it has now grown into a regular feature.
This is not the first appearance of the LUX service. The company has offered it on a temporary, pop-up basis in select cities in the past, including primarily overseas.
UberLUX vehicle list:
UberLUX offers a variety of high-end cars, comparable to an exclusive luxury car (or exotic car) rental service. If you request a ride from an UberLUX driver, expect to be picked up in one of the vehicles below (or, if you want to become a LUX driver, lease or own one of the following vehicles to meet the LUX qualifications).
Acceptable cars may include:
- Rolls Royce (any four-door model)
- Tesla Model S
- Lexus LS
- Audi – A8
- Jaguar – XJ
- Porsche Panamera
- Maybach – (any four-door models.
- Bentley (any four-door model)
- Mercedes Benz S & G Class
- BMW – 7 Series
- Range Rover/Land Rover
Want to become an UberLUX driver?
If you want to become an UberLUX driver, here is a list of requirements laid out by Uber HQ:
- Drivers must have a vehicle which is no older than 2012.
- UberLUX vehicles must seat four or more passengers.
- UberLUX vehicles must have four-doors
- Vehicles must be: either a luxury sedan, or SUV.
- Vehicles must be in near-mint condition (no marks, dents, or damage).
- Vehicles must pass a rigorous inspection.
- Drivers must possess commercial insurance.
- Drivers must have their TCP permit.
- Drivers must have an airport permit (specifically, for their local city of operation)
Uber LUX Review
Leave a review or comment below to help other users decide which Uber service is right for them.