UberSKI: the Uber car service dedicated to anybody who needs a ride to the slopes was first launched in Utah in December 2015. The new service is featured in Utah resorts such as Ogden, Park City and Cottonwoods, in Colorado and California. This is good news for anyone who’s tired of crowded ski shuttled and cramped parking lots! So what’s the difference between a regular UberX and UberXL and an UberSKI ride? The ski ride accommodates up to 4 passengers, and guarantees that passengers will be picked up in a vehicle equipped with either a ski rack or a truck bed.
What is UberSKI?
Here are the basics:
- UberSKI allows riders to request a car with a truck bed or ski rack. The vehicle does not have to be an all wheel drive (AWD) or four wheel drive (4WD).
- Rates are the same as UberX or UberBLACK rates (for SKI BLACK), with an additional $6.00 pickup fee on top of the normal rate.
- There are two different level services available: UberSki, which is the ski-version of an UberX/XL and SKI BLACK, which is the equivalent of a BLACK or SUV service.
How does UberSki Work?
Using UberSKI is simple. Follow the directions below for a ride to ski slopes in Utah or Colorado:
- Open up the Uber App on your smartphone.
- Input your final destination
- Choose UberSKI from the list of available service options.
- A vehicle with a four-passenger capacity will pick you up (in Colorado, the vehicle will come equipped with a limited selection of skis and snowboards, for added convenience).
Where is UberSki available?
Currently, the service is available (during the winter/ski seasons) in Utah at the following locations:
- Salt Lake City
- Park City
- The Cottonwoods
UberSKI is also available across a number of skiing areas in Colorado State (see map below):
- Steamboat, and more
In California, UberSKI is available in Lake Tahoe.
How to become a driver for SKI
Interested in driving for SKI or SKI BLACK? Follow these steps:
- Take a picture of your car with the ski rack or truck bed visible
- Go to your driver partner dashboard and to “profile -> documents”
- Hit ‘upload’, the button next to the Vehicle Document called “OPTIONAL (UberSki ONLY) Vehicle Equipped w/ Ski Rack Photo“
- Once your car is approved and you’re ready to go, you’ll receive a message
Want to drive for SKI, but don’t have a ski rack yet? No worries, Uber has some discounts set up (47% off MSRP) for SKI drivers exclusively.
Here’s how it works:
- go to rhinorack.com and check out the gear you want to buy from their extensive inventory
- write down the parts numbers for your orders
- send an email to email@example.com and include the following information:
- your name, address and phone number
- the year, make and model of your vehicle
- the parts numbers for the gear you’d like to order
- A Rhino-Rack representative will contact you via email or phone to finalize your order and get it ready for shipping