Uber App Troubleshooting – Uber Driver App Not Working
Uber App Crashing? What to do if your Uber driver app is crashing
Is your Uber Driver App having problems? Freezing? Crashing repeatedly?
If you can’t get your Uber app to work, try a few of these troubleshooting options, which might sort out your issue and get you back on the road in no time:
‘Force quitting’ is a tried-and-true strategy for fixing Uber App issues. Force quitting on either an Android mobile device or an iPhone will often fix most problems associated with the Uber Driver App.
- For Android: Press down (and hold) on your Android mobile devices’ power button. Wait until the device powers off. Wait five seconds, and then once again press down on the power button until the phone turns back on.
- For iPhone: ‘Double tap’ on your iPhone’s ‘home’ button. You will see an Uber App card displayed — swipe it and open up the Uber App.
Reboot for iPhone
With an iPhone, press and hold both the Power button and Home button for 15 seconds. Your phone will display the Apple logo and require about a minute to restart.
Network Reset for iPhone
Sometimes, iPhone devices require having their network settings reset, in order to function properly with the Uber Driver App. (*IMPORTANT NOTE: A network reset on an iPhone can potentially delete ALL of your passwords and other content – so proceed with caution!).
To reset your iPhone’s network settings, follow the steps below:
- Go to Settings
- Tap ‘General’
- Tap ‘Reset’
- Tap ‘Reset Network Settings’.
Hard Reboot for Android Devices
A hard reboot is sometimes required for Android devices.
Technically, a ‘hard’ reboot involves your mobile devices’ hardware (such as its battery). Depending on the device, you may be able to manually remove a battery, and then easily re-insert it.
Other Android devices, however (such as the Samsung Galaxy S6 or Nexus 5), do not have removable batteries.
Luckily, it is possible to simulate a battery pull. Simply follow the instructions below:
- Turn on your Android Device
- Press (and hold) the Power and Volume Down buttons simultaneously
- You will see your device’s screen shut down, and you will be shown a reboot animation
My Uber App is still not working. What do I do?
If none of the steps above solved your Uber App issues, it’s worth getting in touch with Uber support via in-app support. Read more about in-app support here.