Uber Tuscaloosa: Uber is currently in discussions (Summer/Fall 2016) with local officials about formally beginning rideshare services in Tuscaloosa.
- Driver must be at least 21 years of age
- Drivers must provide valid AL driver’s license.
- Drivers must pass a screening process (details below)
- Drivers must have an accepted vehicle (check below for additional info)
UberX Vehicle Requirements
As a company, Uber doesn’t own or operate any vehicles (all Uber Vehicles are driver-owned or leased). If you want to drive for Uber, you have to use your own vehicle.
- Your vehicle must have 4 doors (which open independently).
- Your vehicle must be from the year 2005 or newer.
- You must have a clean title (no salvage vehicles are allowed).
- Your vehicle must be in excellent condition (cosmetically & mechanically).
- Your vehicle cannot be a large van, or a former or current taxi vehicle.
UberXL document requirements
- All Uber drivers must provide these documents for their Uber account to be officially activated:
- Valid driver’s license (DMV License)
- Vehicle Registration (Copy of Registration Card)
Uber Tuscaloosa Vehicle Inspection
You will have to get your vehicle inspected by a certified mechanics.
Get in touch with Uber (firstname.lastname@example.org) in order to find an auto-body shop in your local area at a discounted price.