Uber Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport – Dallas International Airport Uber Guide
Below is a guide to using Uber at Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport (DFW).
We cover rules for both Uber riders & Uber drivers.
This guide has four sections:
- For Riders: Getting Picked Up by Uber at Dallas-Fort Worth Airport
- For Riders: Getting Dropped Off by Uber at Dallas-Fort Worth Airport
- For Drivers: Picking Up Passengers at Dallas-Fort Worth Airport
- For Drivers: Dropping Passengers Off at Dallas-Fort Worth Airport
1. Uber Riders: Getting Picked Up by Uber at Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport
Select Uber Vehicle Type
Open the Uber app on your Smartphone. Select your desired Uber service option.
After selecting a vehicle, confirm your terminal (you will be prompted to enter your specific terminal by the Uber App). There are five separate terminals at DFW. Choose the door or gate number nearest to you. (If you are not certain of your Terminal Number or your exact current location, take a look at the airport signs posted nearby, or outside the immediate terminal door). Make your way to the arrivals level at DFW.
Uber Passengers who request an Uber driver at DFW should meet drivers on the arrivals level of Dallas Fort-Worth International Airport. Once you’ve arrived at the Arrivals Level, get in touch with your Uber driver to confirm the correct pickup point. You will usually meet your driver under a SHARED RIDE sign, which are featured at DFW airport.
2. Uber Riders: Getting Dropped Off by Uber at Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport
It is now permitted for riders to get dropped off at Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport by Uber.
All Uber Services are allowed to drop off passengers at Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport.
Simply request an Uber as you normally would; input your preferred Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport Terminal as your final destination.
3. Uber Drivers: Picking Passengers Up at Dallas-Fort Worth Airport
Uber Dallas-Fort Worth Airport Rules & Regulations
Uber Dallas-Fort Worth Airport uses a FIFO system (First in First Out), where Uber Drivers must wait in a designated zone to receive Uber requests.
The staging areas are located at the Terminal A infield staging lot & the 5E staging lot located outside the parking control plaza at DFW.
To receive pickup requests, simply drive into the DFW area, navigate into the FIFO zone, and wait in the designated Rideshare waiting lot at DFW.
To access the DFW FIFO lot:
- Enter Dallas Fort-Worth International Airport, which contains the FIFO queue area.
- Uber Drivers will be automatically placed in a line, awaiting the next Uber Request (i.e., incoming Uber Requests from new passengers at the Arrivals Terminal).
- Once drivers receive a trip request, accept the request
- Head to the arrivals level at the Terminal (this information will be indicated in-app)
- Pick up your passenger!
*Note: If DFW is especially busy, it’s worth getting in touch with your passenger to re-confirm their location at the correct DFW Arrivals Terminal (they will usually be standing underneath a SHARED RIDES sign).
Once you receive a trip request, drive toward the Terminal area on the ARRIVALS level (your passenger’s location will be specified in-app).
- DFW Airport is first-in, first-out (FIFO); upon entering the airport, you will be placed in line for the next trip request
- If you leave the FIFO area or turn off your app, you will be placed at the back of the line
- Staging at terminals or elsewhere on airport property is prohibited and may result in a citation
After receiving a ride request, partners should make their way to the pickup location shown in-app. Riders will be waiting at the Shared Ride sign at their terminal.
4. Uber Drivers: Dropping Off Passengers at Dallas-Fort Worth Airport
To drop off customers at Dallas-Fort Worth Airport, simply follow the procedures of a normal Uber ride, and drop off your passenger at their requested departure terminal.
An Airport Permit IS required to drop off passengers at Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport.
Uber Dallas-Fort Worth Airport Airport Documentation
To drop passengers off at Dallas-Fort Worth Airport, Uber Drivers will need:
- A DFW Airport permit decal MUST be displayed (directly on your vehicle’s windshield).
- The City of Dallas driver and vehicle permits are REQUIRED for all pick-ups at Dallas Fort-Worth International Airport.
- Drivers are MUST wait for Uber Rider Requests in the correct staging area (either Terminal A Infield Staging Lot or the 5E Staging Lot – both located directly outside the parking control plaza — see graphic above)
- Drivers MUST possess a City of Dallas driver permit
- Drivers MUST possess City of Dallas vehicle permit
- Drivers MUST possess a DFW Airport permit
*Note: You will initially be charged a $2.00 fee by Dallas Fort-Worth International Airport, but this fee will ultimately be covered by your rider (meaning, that Uber Drivers will NOT incur the $2.00 fee toll for picking up or dropping off passengers at DFW).
Obtaining proper Airport Documentation for DFW:
For more information on attaining the proper DFW airport documentation, get in touch with your local Dallas, Fort-Worth or Plano Greenlight Hub (addresses and hours listed below). You can also email Uber Dallas Partner Support at: partnersDallas@uber.com
Dallas Greenlight Addresses:
1801 N Lamar Suite 130
Dallas, Texas 75202
Monday – Friday: 10am – 5pm
Saturday: 10am – 2pm