Uber Denver Airport (DEN) – Denver International Airport Uber Guide
Below is a comprehensive guide to using Uber at Denver International Airport in Denver, Colorado (DEN).
This guide has four sections:
- For Riders: Getting Picked Up by Uber at Denver Airport
- For Riders: Getting Dropped Off by Uber at Denver Airport
- For Drivers: Picking Up Passengers at Denver Airport
- For Drivers: Dropping Passengers Off at Denver Airport
1. Uber Riders: Getting Picked Up by Uber at Denver International Airport
Select Uber Vehicle Type
Open Uber’s App on your Smartphone. Select your desired Uber service option (a wide variety of Uber services are available at Denver Airport, including UberX, UberBLACK, UberSELECT, UberPOOL, UberSUV and UberXL).
There are TWO Terminals at Denver International Airport (the East Terminal and the West Terminal). After requesting an Uber Vehicle, you will be asked to confirm your location via the rider app. Look at the signs & airport notices inside the airport (if you are not certain whether you are located in the EAST or WEST Terminal). Any Uber passengers with accessibility requirements: navigate to a ADA access zone (which are located on the ARRIVALS level).
You you have requested your Uber Vehicle:
— Meet your Uber Driver on Level 6 (Upstairs) if you have requested UberX, UberXL, or UberSELECT can meet their driver upstairs on level 6.
— Meet your Uber Driver on Level 5, if you have requested UberSUV, or UberBLACK.
2. Uber Riders: Getting Dropped Off by Uber at Denver Airport
All Uber Services are allowed to drop off passengers at Denver Airport International Airport.
Request an Uber as you normally would via the Uber App – type in your preferred Denver Airport Terminal as your final destination & your car will take drop you off at the requested departure area.
3. Uber Drivers: Picking Passengers Up at Denver Airport
Uber Denver Airport Rules & Regulations
Uber Staging Lot System at Denver International Airport
Uber Denver International Airport uses a FIFO system (First in First Out), where Uber Drivers must wait in a staging area to receive Uber requests.
To receive a trip request at DEN, enter the dedicated staging lot (map below).
Uber Drivers will be placed in automated queue and receive trip requests based on their position in a ‘virtual’ line.
Map of Denver Airport Uber Staging Area:
Uber Drivers MUST wait for Uber trip requests inside the staging lot. If drivers venture outside the lot, they will be unable to receive requests.
Uber Staging Lots – Different Stagings areas for Different Services
At Denver Airport, there are different staging lots for different Uber Services:
UberX, UberPOOL, UberXL, UberSELECT Staging Lot:
- UberX drivers should navigate to a staging area which is located near the Commercial Holding Lot (north end) located at 7800 Shady Grove Drive (indicated in BLUE in the map above)
- Enter the north end via E. 80th Avenue (first left after exiting Pena Boulevard – see map below)
UberBLACK, UberSELECT, UberSUV staging area:
- UberBLACK drivers should navigate to the south end of the Commercial Holding Lot (also located at 7800 Shady Grove Drive (indicated in BLACK in the map above)
- Enter the lot via the south end of Shady Grove Drive
Receiving Pickup Requests at Denver Airport
Once you receive a trip request, you will either drive towards the TERMINALS or the WESTIN HOTEL.
- Once you receive a request, accept the trip request.
- Navigate to the Departures Level (located on the 6th Floor) of Denver International Airport.
- Riders will provide a door number (via the Uber App) to help drivers identify them.
- *Special Note for UberPOOL at Denver International Airport: for UberPOOL requests, you may have to circle the airport to pick up a second or third passenger
WESTIN HOTEL Pick-Ups:
- If you receive a Pick Up Request at the Westin Hotel, accept the request & navigate towards the Westin Hotel by following signs for West Terminal, and then heading to Level 1
- You will be prompted to take a parking ticket (in order to enter into the parking area).
- Navigate to the Westin Hotel
- Locate & Pick Up your passenger
- Exit the parking area within 10 minutes (otherwise, you may be charged an additional fee).
4. Uber Drivers: Dropping Off Passengers at Denver Airport
Dropping Passengers at DEN Terminals:
Dropping off passengers at Denver International Airport is simple — just take your passenger to the appropriate departure terminal — located on the Departures Level, i.e., the 6th Floor of Denver International Airport.
Make sure you continually have the Uber Partner App ACTIVE until you formally leave Denver International Airport grounds.
Westin Hotel Drop-offs:
If you are driving your passenger to the nearby Westin Hotel, simply follow signs for West Terminal and proceed to Level 1. Take a parking ticket to enter the parking area. Navigate to the Westin Hotel, and drop-off your Uber Passenger. Exit the parking facility within 10 minutes (otherwise you may be charged a fee).