Uber JFK Airport – John F. Kennedy International Airport Uber Guide
Below is a guide to using Uber at John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York (JFK).
We cover rules for both Uber passengers & Uber drivers.
This guide has four sections:
- For Riders: Getting Picked Up by Uber at JFK
- For Riders: Getting Dropped Off by Uber at JFK
- For Drivers: Picking Up Passengers at JFK
- For Drivers: Dropping Passengers Off at JFK
1. Riders: Getting Picked Up by Uber at JFK:
Select Uber Vehicle Type
Open the Uber app on your Smartphone. Select your desired Uber service option.
After selecting a vehicle, confirm your terminal (you will be prompted to enter your specific terminal by the Uber App). Choose the door or gate number nearest to you. (If you don’t know the number or your current location, simply look at the airport signs posted outside).
Meet you Uber driver near your chosen door number.
2. Riders: Getting Dropped Off by Uber at JFK
It is now permitted for riders to get dropped off at JFK by Uber.
All Uber Services are allowed to drop off passengers at JFK.
Simply request an Uber as you normally would, and input your preferred JFK terminal as your final destination.
3. Drivers: Picking Passengers Up at JFK
Uber JFK Airport Rules & Regulations
Uber JFK uses a FIFO system (First in First Out), where Uber Drivers must wait in a designated zone to receive Uber requests. To receive pickup requests, wait in either the Cell Phone Lot or Limo Lot at JFK Airport.
Map of Lots below:
Once you receive a trip request, drive toward the terminal area on the arrivals level.
- As you drive towards JFK’s terminal area, your Uber Partner App will show your rider information and the terminal number where he or she is waiting
- If you do not receive your rider’s information after you’ve accepted a trip, simply circle JFK’s terminal area until your App receives the pickup location
- After accepting a request, DO NOT drive back toward the staging lot
- The terminals at JFK are often crowded. If you have trouble locating your rider, contact them using the Uber App (i.e., send a text message or call)
4. Drivers: Dropping Off Passengers at JFK
To drop off customers at JFK, simply follow the procedures of a normal Uber ride, and drop off your passenger at their requested departure terminal.
An Airport Permit is NOT required to drop off passengers at JFK Airport.