Uber San Francisco Airport (SFO) – San Francisco International Airport Uber Guide
Below is a comprehensive guide to using Uber at San Francisco International Airport in San Francisco, California (SFO).
This guide has four sections:
- For Riders: Getting Picked Up by Uber at San Francisco Airport
- For Riders: Getting Dropped Off by Uber at San Francisco Airport
- For Drivers: Picking Up Passengers at San Francisco Airport
- For Drivers: Dropping Passengers Off at San Francisco Airport
1. Uber Riders: Getting Picked Up by Uber at San Francisco Airport
Select Uber Vehicle Type
Open Uber’s App on your Smartphone. Select your desired Uber service option.
There are 4 terminals at SFO. After requesting a ride, confirm your terminal and door number when prompted by the app. Check signs posted inside the airport terminal (or outside, near the curb) to determine your departures level.All Uber pickups at San Francisco Airport MUST ONLY occur curbside (on the departures level).
— DOMESTIC TERMINALS 1-3: The departures level is on the 2nd floor.
— INTERNATIONAL TERMINAL 4: the departures level is on the 3rd floor.
2. Uber Riders: Getting Dropped Off by Uber at San Francisco Airport
All Uber Services are allowed to drop off passengers at San Francisco International Airport.
To be dropped off at SFO, simply request an Uber (as you normally would) using the Uber App.
Input your preferred San Francisco Airport Terminal as your final destination & your Uber Driver will take drop you off at your requested departure area.
3. Uber Drivers: Picking Passengers Up at San Francisco Airport
Uber Staging Lot System at San Francisco International Airport
Uber San Francisco International Airport uses a FIFO system (First in First Out), where Uber Drivers are placed in a staging area, where they receive Uber requests via a ‘queue’ system (i.e., the driver who has been waiting in the Lot the longest, receives the latest pickup request).
To receive a trip request at SFO, enter the TNC Staging Lot (maps below. *Note: The Staging Lot is for rideshare drivers WITOUT TCP Licenses. All TCP-licensed drivers should navigate to the Limo Parking Lot, located near South McDonnell Road).
Uber Drivers will be placed in an automated queue.
Map of San Francisco Airport Uber Staging Area:
- Drive into the dedicated Staging Lot on San Bruno Avenue.
- Drivers will be placed in line for the next pickup.
Uber Drivers MUST wait for Uber trip requests inside the staging lot. If drivers exit the lot, they will not be able to receive requests.
Receiving Pickup Requests at San Francisco Airport
Once you receive a trip request:
- Once you receive a request, accept it
- Pick-up your rider on the departures level
- In the rider app, the rider is asked to indicate their door number so you know where to pick them up.
4. Uber Drivers: Dropping Off Passengers at San Francisco Airport
Dropping Passengers at SFO Terminals is simple.
Simply drop your passengers off at San Francisco International Airport on the departures level, and at the appropriate terminal.
Make sure you have the Uber Driver App TURNED on until you officially leave San Francisco International Airport property.