Uber Seattle Airport (SFO) – Seattle Tacoma Airport International Airport Uber Guide
Below is a comprehensive guide to using Uber at Seattle Tacoma Airport in Seattle, Washington (SEA).
This guide has four sections:
- For Riders: Getting Picked Up by Uber at Seattle Tacoma Airport
- For Riders: Getting Dropped Off by Uber at Seattle Tacoma Airport
- For Drivers: Picking Up Passengers at Seattle Tacoma Airport
- For Drivers: Dropping Passengers Off at Seattle Tacoma Airport
1. Uber Riders: Getting Picked Up by Uber at Seattle Tacoma Airport
Select Uber Vehicle Type
Open Uber’s App on your phone or mobile device. Select whichever Uber service option suits your needs.
— If you have requested UberX or UberPOOL: meet your driver on the THIRD FLOOR of the Seattle Tacoma Airport parking garage (i.e., the TNC Rideshare Pickup area).
— If you have requested UberXL, UberSUV, UberSELECT, or UberBLACK, meet your driver at the airport’s ARRIVALS area.
2. Uber Riders: Getting Dropped Off by Uber at Seattle Tacoma Airport
All Uber Services are allowed to drop off passengers at Seattle Tacoma Airport.
To be dropped off at SEA, request an Uber via the Uber App.
Input your preferred Terminal, and your Uber driver will drop you off at Seattle Tacoma International Airport’s Departure level.
3. Uber Drivers: Picking Passengers Up at Seattle Tacoma Airport
Uber Staging Lot System at Seattle Tacoma Airport
At Seattle Tacoma Airport, Uber uses a FIFO system (First in First Out), whereby Uber Drivers are placed in a staging area — they receive Uber requests depending on where they are ‘in line’ (i.e., any Uber driver who has been waiting in the Lot the longest receives the latest passenger request).
To receive a trip request at SEA, enter the TNC Staging Lot (see Seatac Rideshare Staging & Overflow Staging Map below)
Receiving Pickup Requests at Seattle Tacoma Airport
Once you receive a trip request:
- Once you receive a request, accept the request, and head towards Sea-Tac.
- Locate your passenger on the 3rd floor of the Ground Transportation Parking Garage (sections I and J) .
- In order to enter the Ground Transportation garage, stay in the LEFT LANE when entering Sea-Tac’s ARRIVALS AREA.
Required Documents for Uber Drivers operating at Seattle Tacoma Airport:
Uber Pickups at Seattle Tacoma Airport are available ONLY for the following Uber services, unconditionally:
- UberSUV (including participating XL Drivers)
UberX and UberPOOL pickups
UberX and UberPOOL Drivers ARE allowed to pick up passengers at Seattle Tacoma Airport — but they MUST be using cars that have a ‘blended MPG of 45 or above’ (i.e., a Prius or similar vehicle).
According to Washington State legislation, this is the necessary mileage for Seattle Airport Uber Pickups.
Port of Seattle requirements
- Possess a Seattle Tacoma Airport permit
- Possess commercial vehicle insurance
- Possess a valid business license
- Always be displaying Uber’s “U” trade dress on their front windshield
- Keep headlights turned ON (required at ALL times), and never exceed 10MPH
- Never exceed ten minutes in any loading area
4. Uber Drivers: Dropping Off Passengers at Seattle Tacoma Airport
Drop off Uber passengers at Seattle International Airport (at their requested terminal) on the departures level.
Be certain that you have the Uber Driver App turned ON until you officially leave Seattle Tacoma International Airport grounds.