Uber Sydney Airport (SYD) – Uber Sydney Airport Pickup & Drop Off Guide
Uber Sydney Airport Guidelines 2019
In our article below, you’ll find our complete guide to using Uber at Sydney Airport, for both Uber Drivers & Uber Riders.
Our Uber SYD Airport guide has four sections:
- For Riders: Getting Picked Up by Uber at Sydney International Airport
- For Riders: Getting Dropped Off by Uber at Sydney International Airport
- For Drivers: Picking Up Passengers at Sydney International Airport
- For Drivers: Dropping Passengers Off at Sydney International Airport
1. Riders: Getting Picked Up by Uber at Sydney International Airport
Sydney Airport (SYD) has 3 terminals:
- Terminal 1 (International Terminal – located at SYD’s northwest section)
- Terminal 2 (Domestic Terminal)
- Terminal 3 (Qantas Domestic Terminal)
To request an Uber at SYD Airport, simply follow the steps below:
1. Choose your Uber Service at Sydney International
Open the Uber Ride App on your smartphone, and choose your preferred Uber service option.
The following four vehicle options are available at SYD Airport:
2. Riders: Getting Dropped Off by Uber at Sydney Airport
All Uber Services are allowed to drop off passengers at SYD.
Request an Uber vehicle as you normally would, and input the appropriate Sydney Airport Terminal as your destination.
3. Drivers: Picking Passengers Up at Sydney Airport
UberX, UberBLACK, UberLUX, and UberSUV drivers are the only Uber partners allowed to pick-up Uber passengers at Sydney International Airport.
Sydney Airport has special waiting areas for Uber drivers:
UberX Interntional Pickup Waiting Zone at Sydney Airport:
UberX drivers awaiting pickup requests from the Sydney Airport International Terminal must wait in the following area (western side of Cooks River on Innesdale Road, Gertrude Street, Robert Lane or Levey Street).
- Yellow = Waiting Area
- Green = Pickup
- Orange = Entry Route / Trip Accepted Route
- Red = Exit
UberBLACK Interntional Pickup Waiting Zone at Sydney Airport:
UberX Domestic Pickup Waiting Area at Sydney Airport:
UberBLACK Domestic Pickup Waiting Area at Sydney Airport:
Receiving Requests at Sydney Airport
Once you receive a trip request, accept the request, and drive towards SYD’s terminals.
Meet your passengers at one of Sydney Airport’s designated pickup points:
- Domestic Terminal, meet you passenger at the Priority Pick-up zone.
- International Terminal, meet your passenger at the Express Pick-up zone.
For UberBLACK, UberSUV, and UberLUX:
- Domestic terminals, meet your passenger curbside at either T2 or T3 (the Uber App will prompt you to choose).
- International Terminal, meet your passenger at the Limo Pick Up Zone.
4. Drivers: Dropping Off Passengers at Sydney International Airport
Drop off Uber passengers at the appropriate departure area of SYD.