Uber O’Hare – Chicago O’Hare International Airport Uber Guide
Below is a guide to using Uber at O’Hare International Airport in Chicago (ORD).
We cover rules for both Uber riders & Uber drivers.
This guide has four sections:
- For Riders: Getting Picked Up by Uber at O’Hare
- For Riders: Getting Dropped Off by Uber at O’Hare
- For Drivers: Picking Up Passengers at O’Hare
- For Drivers: Dropping Passengers Off at O’Hare
1. Uber Riders: Getting Picked Up by Uber at O’Hare
Select Uber Vehicle Type
Open the Uber app on your Smartphone. Select your desired Uber service option.
After selecting a vehicle, confirm your terminal (you will be prompted to enter your specific terminal by the Uber App). Choose the door or gate number nearest to you. (If you are not certain of your Terminal Number or your exact current location, take a look at the airport signs posted nearby, or outside).
Meet you Uber driver near your chosen door number.
2. Uber Riders: Getting Dropped Off by Uber at O’Hare
It is now permitted for riders to get dropped off at O’Hare by Uber.
All Uber Services are allowed to drop off passengers at O’Hare.
Simply request an Uber as you normally would; input your preferred O’Hare Terminal as your final destination.
3. Uber Drivers: Picking Passengers Up at O’Hare
Uber O’Hare Airport Rules & Regulations
Uber O’Hare uses a FIFO system (First in First Out), where Uber Drivers must wait in a designated zone to receive Uber requests. To receive pickup requests, wait in the designated Rideshare waiting lot at O’Hare International Airport.
To access the lot, set your GPS destination to:
- O’Hare Rideshare Staging Area
- Enter the lot on Jawa Entry Roadway, right off Balmoral Ave.
*Exact instructions on entering the lot at Jawa Entry Roadway below:
- Head South on Mannheim Road/45 South
- Head to the Balmoral Exit (located on the right)
- Continue driving around the curve (towards Balmoral Avenue)
- The Uber / Rideshare O’Hare Staging Lot is located on the left.
Map of O’Hare Uber Staging Area:
Once you receive a trip request, drive toward the terminal area on the arrivals level.
- After you receive a request, accept the request.
- Continue on the Kennedy Expressway to the specified pick-up area.
- Pick-up your passenger on the Departures Level for Terminal 1, Terminal 2 or Terminal 3. If your passenger is at the International Terminal 5, then pick them up on the ARRIVALS level.
4. Uber Drivers: Dropping Off Passengers at O’Hare
To drop off customers at O’Hare, simply follow the procedures of a normal Uber ride, and drop off your passenger at their requested departure terminal.
An Airport Permit IS required to drop off passengers at O’Hare Airport.
To drop passengers off at O’Hare, Uber Drivers will need:
- Rasier Insurance (waybill)
- Chicago City Tax Emblem (located on the passenger-side dashboard)
- Uber emblem (placed on the passenger side of your front windshield)
- Chicago TNP Trade Dress (located on the passenger side of your rear windshield)
- Uber Vehicle Inspection Form (in vehicle / glove box)
- Your Uber ID (located in your Uber Driver App)
- Rasier Insurance (waybill)
Uber O’Hare Airport Documentation
For more information on attaining these required documents, get in touch with a local Chicago Greenlight Hub, either at the following phone number (312-549-9633) or by stopping by in-person:
Chicago Greenlight Address:
CHICAGO NORTH AVE GREENLIGHT HUB
Address: 1401 W. North Ave. Chicago, IL 60642
Hours Open: Monday – Friday: 9am-5pm; Saturday 9am-2pm
Parking and entrance to the building are in the back, accessible from Noble St.
CHICAGO BELMONT GREENLIGHT HUB
Address: 4609 W. Belmont Avenue, Chicago, IL 60641
Hours Open: Monday – Friday: 9am-5pm; Sunday 10am-2pm
Free parking available
CHICAGO WEST PULLMAN GREENLIGHT HUB
Address: 839 W. 115th Street, Chicago, IL 60643
Hours Open: Monday – Friday: 9am-5pm
The office is located in the strip mall between W. 115th and W. 116th streets. Free parking is available!