Uber Orlando Airport (MCO) 2019 – Orlando International Airport Uber Guide 2019
Below is a comprehensive guide to using Uber at Orlando International Airport in Orlando, Florida.
This guide has four sections:
- For Riders: Getting Picked Up by Uber at Orlando International Airport
- For Riders: Getting Dropped Off by Uber at Orlando International Airport
- For Drivers: Picking Up Passengers at Orlando International Airport
- For Drivers: Dropping Passengers Off at Orlando International Airport
1. Uber Riders: Getting Picked Up by Uber at Orlando International Airport
Select Uber Vehicle Type
Open Uber’s App on your phone or mobile device. Select whichever Uber service option suits your needs (note: In Orlando, UberX and other non-Livery or Professional Rideshare Services are NOT available for request — Only Professional Services, such as UberBLACK, are available for request by passengers).
The Uber App will prompt you to confirm your location. After confirming your location, GO DOWN TO LEVEL ONE of Orlando International Airport and locate the Express Pickup Tunnel (it can be found adjacent to the various rental car counters – Hertz, Enterprise, Etc).
2. Uber Riders: Getting Dropped Off by Uber at Orlando International Airport
All Uber Services are allowed to drop off passengers at Orlando International Airport.
To be dropped off at MCO, request an Uber via the Uber App.
Input your preferred Terminal, and your Uber driver will drop you off at Orlando International Airport Departure level.
3. Uber Drivers: Picking Uber Passengers Up at Orlando International Airport
Uber Staging Lot at Orlando International Airport
At Orlando International Airport, Uber uses a FIFO system (First in First Out), whereby Uber Drivers are placed in a staging area where they receive requests depending on where they are ‘in line’ (i.e., any driver who has been waiting in the Staging Area longest, receives the most recent passenger request).
At this time, however (2017), ONLY DRIVERS WITH LIVERY LICENSES are allowed to pickup Uber Passengers at MCO.
To receive a trip request at MCO, enter the TNC / FIFO MCO Staging Lot
Receiving Pickup Requests at Orlando International Airport
Once you receive a trip request:
- Once you receive a request, accept the request, and head towards Orlando Airport’s Terminal Area.
- All ride pickups must occur in the Express Pickup Tunnel
Required Documents for Uber Drivers operating at Orlando International Airport:
Uber Pickups at Orlando International Airport are available ONLY for the following Uber services:
- ONLY licensed UBER LIVERY DRIVERS can accept Uber Request from Uber Passengers within Orlando Airport Property.
- ALL UBER pickups MUST happen within the Express Pickup Tunnel at Orlando International Airport
- Non-permitted partners are not allowed to pick up passengers inside any part of the airport grounds (including hotels, parking garages, etc, that are inside airport property).
Uber Orlando Airport Required documents
- Driver’s license
- Driver ID permit
- Vehicle-For-Hire driving permit
- Commercial vehicle insurance
- V-permit decal (issued by airport)
If you lack any of these documents, you can get more information about attaining them by clicking here.
4. Uber Drivers: Dropping Off Uber Passengers at Orlando International Airport
Drop off Uber passengers at Orlando International Airport (at their desired terminal) on the departures level.
Be certain that you have the Uber Driver App turned ON until you officially leave Orlando International Airport property.