Uber Sky Harbor Airport – Uber Phoenix Airport Rules 2019
Below is a guide to using Uber at Pheonix’s Sky Harbor International Airport in Phoenix, Arizona (PHX).
We cover rules for both Uber passengers & Uber drivers.
This guide has four sections:
- For Riders: Getting Picked Up by Uber at PHX
- For Riders: Getting Dropped Off by Uber at PHX
- For Drivers: Picking Up Passengers at PHX
- For Drivers: Dropping Passengers Off at PHX
1. Riders: Getting Picked Up by Uber at PHX:
Phoenix Sky Harbor Fee:
There is a $3.25 Airport Surcharge for all pick ups at PHX.
This $3.25 Airport Surcharge is separate from the Booking Fee.
This surcharge is charged to the rider and collected directly by Uber for rideshare pickups, similar to a Booking Fee.
To arrange an Uber Pick up at Sky Harbor Airport:
Select Uber Vehicle Type
Open the Uber app on your Smartphone. Select your desired Uber service option.
After selecting a vehicle, confirm your terminal (you will be prompted to enter your specific terminal by the Uber App). Choose the door or gate number nearest to you. (If you don’t know the number or your current location, simply look at the airport signs posted outside).
Meet you Uber driver near your chosen door number.
2. Riders: Getting Dropped Off by Uber at PHX
It is now permitted for riders to get dropped off at PHX by Uber.
All Uber Services are allowed to drop off passengers at PHX
Simply request an Uber as you normally would, and input your preferred PHX terminal as your final destination.
3. Drivers: Picking Uber Passengers Up at PHX
Uber PHX Airport Rules & Regulations
PHX Airport Regulations:
Phoenix Airport has a rideshare system in which only certain areas are allowed to be serviced by rideshare operators — every terminal is different. Uber PHX uses a FIFO system (First in First Out), where Uber Drivers must wait in a designated zone to receive Uber requests.
There are two FIFO waiting areas (First-In First Out, which automatically queues drivers who are waiting for passengers) at Phoenix’s airport, located at:
PHX Waiting Lot Address 2019 – West
Check out this interactive map for a detailed list of where Rideshare services are allowed to operate.
DO NOT circle PHX terminals — this is strictly prohibited.
Once you receive a trip request, drive toward the terminal area on the arrivals level.
- As you drive towards PHX’s terminal area, your Uber Partner App will show your rider information and the terminal number where your passenger is waiting
- If you do not receive your rider’s information after you’ve accepted a trip, simply circle PHX terminal area until your App receives the pickup location
- After accepting a request, DO NOT drive back toward the staging lot
- If you have trouble locating your rider, contact them using the Uber App (i.e., send a text message or call)
- Locate the TNC Rideshare Sign & pick up your passenger curbside:
To Pick Up passengers at PHX, you must be displaying trade dress at all times:
4. Drivers: Dropping Off Passengers at PHX
To drop off customers at PHX, simply follow the procedures of a normal Uber ride, and drop off your passenger at their requested departure terminal.
An Airport Permit is NOT required to drop off passengers at PHX Airport.